It is common knowledge that Web server application attacks have become common in todays digital information sharing age. Understanding the implications and vulnerabilities of such attacks, as well as the manner in which we may safeguard against them is paramount, because our demands on e-Commerce and the Internet have increased exponentially. In this assignment, you will examine the response of both the U.S. government and non-government entities to such attacks.
To complete this assignment, use the document titled Guidelines on Securing Public Web Servers, located athttp://csrc.nist.gov/publications/nistpubs/800-44-ver2/SP800-44v2.pdf,to complete the assignment. Read the Network World article, 40% of U.S. government Web sites fail security test also, located athttp://www.networkworld.com/news/2012/031512-dnssec-survey-2012-257326.html.
Write a three to five (3-5) page paper in which you:
1. Examine three (3) common Web application vulnerabilities and attacks, and recommend corresponding mitigation strategies for each. Provide a rationale for your response.
2. or an such as Dia, outline an architectural design geared toward from a commonly known Denial of Service (DOS) attack.Note:The graphically depicted solution is not included in the .
3. Based on your research from the Network World article, examine the potential reasons why the security risks facing U.S. government Websites were not always dealt with once they were identified and recognized as such.
4. Suggest what you believe to be the best mitigation or defense mechanisms that would help to combat the Domain Name System Security Extensions (DNSSEC) concerns to which the article refers. Propose a plan that the U.S. government could use in order to ensure that such mitigation takes place. The plan should include, at a minimum, two (2) mitigation or defense mechanisms.
5. Use at least four (4) quality resources outside of the suggested resources in this assignment.Note:Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
Each paragraph must be labeled.
Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
Include charts or diagrams created in Visio or an open source alternative such as Dia. The completed diagrams / charts must be imported into the Word document before the paper is submitted.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more