Weather Interpretation Exercise
56 points total
1) Begin by picking a location in the continental United States (not in Florida) that starts with the letter G.
2) Go to www.weather.com and make sure that the location you have chosen is listed. You will need to pick a location that is large enough to have its own statistics listed. Some locations might be too small to have a corresponding set of climatic data; if you type in a location and the website lists the necessary data, it’s an appropriate location to use for this assignment.
3) Make sure that all of the data you need to collect for this assignment is provided on the website depicting the “weather” for your chosen location. If one of the following is missing, pick a new location. Here’s what you need to record:
0. Relative humidity
0. Air pressure in millibars or inches of Hg (either is OK to use, just be consistent)
0. Barometric tendency (is the air pressure rising, falling, remaining constant, etc.?)
0. Wind direction and wind speed
4) For three consecutive days at approximately the same time of day. You will record these data for the location you chose.
5) At the end of the three days, review the data you have recorded. Write a one to two-page (12 point font, double-spaced) description of your data. In this essay, address the following: Over the three days what changes occurred in the weather statistics and how did these changes relate to the movement of High/Low pressure regions, etc? You do not need to give me a day-to-day account. Instead, broadly examine the changes and the reasons why. For example, if you record a 17 degree drop in temperature over the course of two days that was accompanied by falling air pressure, you need to explain why this occurred; was it related to a cold front, a warm front, or something else? Basically, use the data you have collected, your book, and your budding meteorological savvy to guide your interpretation.
Your grade will be based on completeness, and the quality of your analysis.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more