Unit 1 assignment consists ofsevenparts. Each part will provide instructions for locating the required resources that are needed to complete this assignment.
You will be submitting a Microsoft Word document to the Unit 1 Assignment and posting to discussion boards for this assignment. The Unit 1 assignment link is listed in the Week 4 Module, under assignments. All discussion board posts for this assignment mustALSObe included on the Unit 1 Assignment Microsoft WORD document that is submitted.
Part 1- Whistleblowing
The President signed the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act into law on July 21, 2010. Section 922 of this act establishes a Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) Whistleblower Program which provides a monetary award (a percentage of the amount collected from the offender by the SEC) to individuals who report federal securities laws violations. In addition, the law protects employees from employer retaliation for blowing the whistle. Source:.shtml” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow noopener”>http://www.sec.gov/about/offices/owb/owb-faq.shtml(Links to an external site.). The SEC Office of the Whistleblower website is.
Please go to
orto locate the CNBC Whistleblowers: The New Bounty Hunters video. Watch the video and answer the following questions:
1. How do you feel about the, greed being used to fight greed, comment that was made in the video? Explain your answer (4 points).
2. Does the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act alter the textbooks (Chapter 4) perception of internal versus external whistleblowing (4 points)? Explain your answer.
3. In your opinion, will this new law be an effective method for reporting federal securities laws violations i.e. will we see an increase in reported violations(4 points) ? Explain your answer.
4. In your opinion, do you think we will see an increase in the number offalsewhistleblowing reports filed? Why or why not(4 points) ?
Question number 1 answer will be posted to the Whistleblowing Discussion Board (3 points)
Part 2- Sticky Fingers in the Workplace
Please go to
Watch the video and answer the following questions:
1. Discuss the ethics behind office theft (4 points).
2. Discuss how the individuals in the video behaved unethically (4 points) .
3. Create a statement regarding employee misuse of office supplies, inventory, information and equipment(4 points) .
4. Can you think of any reason (s) from a social or business perspective, where a generous office supplies policy might be ethical?(4 points) Explain your answer.
Question number 3 answer will be posted to the Sticky Fingers Discussion Board. (3 points)
Part 3- Ethics of Company Perks
Please go to the following 5 URLs to complete the Part 3 questions:
3.” target=”_blank” rel=”nofollow noopener”>https://www.businessinsider.com/google-employee-best-perks-benefits-2017-11(Links to an external site.)
Watch the video/read the web pages and answer the following questions:
1. What elements would you use to describe the culture at Google (4 points)?
2. The information provided lists reasons why companies have incorporated employee perks. List three costs associated with these types of programs and three benefits associated with these types of programs. How does the company justify such a program (4 points) ?
3. What is your opinion regarding the ethics of Googles employee perks program? Would you be a happier/more productive employee if your employer offered these types of perks? Explain your answers (4 points).
Question number 3 answer will be posted to the Company Perks Discussion Board. (3 points)
Part 4- Corporate Culture at Lockheed Martin
Please go toto view the Ethics section of Lockheed Martins website. Please review this web page and click on links to review additional Ethics information. Answer the following questions after reviewing the ethics material available on the website:
1. Do you think the Ethics section of Lockheed Martins website is effective as a method ofintegratingethical culture? Explain your answer(4 points) .
2. Discuss how effective leadership, ethical leadership and a value-based culture appear to play a role in the corporate culture at Lockheed Martin(4 points) .
3. How could theappearanceof an ethics based culture be damaging to an organization(4 points) ?
Question number 3 answer will be posted to the Lockheed Martin Discussion Board.(3 points)
Part 5- Social Responsibility and Odwalla Juice Company
Please go to the PDF titled, Odwalla Juice Company Crisis. Read the case and answer the following questions:
1. Which steps in the ethical decision making process did Odwalla fail to consider? Explain your answer (4 points).
2. How does Odwallas corporate social responsibility model differ from their actions and conduct provided in the case (4 points)?
3. What course of action would have supported Odwallas corporate social responsibility model(4 points) ?
Question number 3 answer will be posted to the Odwalla Juice Company Discussion Board. (3 points)
Part 6- Current Events
Please locate a current event relating to ethical and/or unethical behavior and provide the following:
1. A summary of the current event (3 points).
2. How this current event relates to ethical and/or unethical behavior (3 points).
3. Post a two-sentence summary, a two-sentence explanation of ethical/unethical behavior, and the article citation to theCurrent Eventsdiscussion board (3 points).
4. Source information for the current event. You must provide the URL or citation in your WORD documentANDupload a copy of the source to the drop box either as another attachment or after your assignment answers. You must upload the source in order to receive a grade for Part 6 (3 points).
Part 7- Posting a Reply (1 reply)
You must reply to at leastonediscussion board postauthored by another student inParts 1-5of this assignment. Please state whether you agree or disagree with the post and include your reasons (5 points) .
You do not have to reply to another student’s post foreachpart (1-5) of the assignment, just pick one part (1-5) and post a reply. The reply cannot be to a post in Part 6 to receive credit for Part 7.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more