2. School Counseling Presentation
Description of Assignment
Imagine you have recently graduated with your master’s degree in school counseling from Albany State University, and you have been hired as the school counselor at Scholar Middle School. The principal is very excited to bring you aboard because of your knowledge of comprehensive school counseling, and she wants to ensure the faculty members have a thorough understanding of the school counselor’s roles and services.
To prepare for the upcoming school year and your new role, the principal has asked you to put together a presentation (paper) for an upcoming faculty meeting before the start of the year.
Write a paper you would give to the faculty about the different roles and services of a school counselor. Be certain to include the following:
· General Overview: Provide your audience with a brief overview of school counseling.
· What is school counseling?
· Who is a school counselor? Describe your education, training, and credentials.
· What are your ethical and legal mandates as a school counselor?
· Roles and Services: What roles and services does the school counselor provide? To whom? In what ways will you engage with stakeholders? Use the following as a starting point:
· Direct Services to students (e.g., individual counseling, group counseling, school counseling core curriculum, individual student planning; identify and describe the domains in which a school counselor practices)
· Indirect Services (e.g., consultation and collaboration with teachers/staff, parents, post-secondary school personnel, and community agencies)
· Describe to the faculty what they can expect from you in the context of your role in school leader- ship and advocacy at multiple levels (i.e., advocacy for the individual student; advocacy within the entire school context; and advocacy at the state and federal levels related to legislation and government policy).
· What is the ASCA National Model (describe in terms that non-school counselors will understand)?
· How will you determine needs for program services?
· How will you measure effectiveness of the program and specific services?
· How will you communicate effectiveness and gather feedback from stakeholders for continuous program improvement?
Your assignment should meet the following requirements:
· Communication: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, respectful, and consistent with expectations for professional practice in education. Original work and critical thinking are required regarding your assessment and scholarly writing. Your writing must be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
· Be creative!!!
· Resources: At least five current, peer-reviewed, scholarly resources other than the course text or assigned journal articles. Include citations at the end of the presentation.
· APA guidelines: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and format. When appropriate, use APA-formatted headings.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more