Read the situation. Then write the hypotheses in correct mathematical notation. Do not conduct any statistical tests. Just write the hypotheses. Insert your answers between the problems.
Here are some things to keep in mind:
1) On the Hypothesis Testing Worksheet, all you need to do is write the null and alternative hypotheses for each situation.
2) The null hypothesis will always be “=”.
3) You can use either “≠” or “not =” for “does not equal”. Greater than and less than is “>” or “” or “<” (one tailed test).
5) When determining what the null and alternative hypotheses are, realize that the alternative is the new information, what you are trying to prove. The null is what has been believed to be true up until now.
1) A bowler who has averaged 196 pins in the past year is asked to experiment with a ball made of a new kind of material. He rolls several games with the new ball. Has the new ball improved his game?
2) An advertisement claims that chewing NoCav gum reduces cavities. To test the claim, you conduct a study in which participants who chew the gum are compared to the national average of 3 cavities found per year.
3) In a speech to the Chamber of Commerce, a city councilman claims that in his city less than 15% of the adult male population are unemployed. An opponent in the upcoming election wants to test the councilman’s claim.
4) The councilman is starting to get worried about the upcoming election. He has enjoyed 63% support for several years, but the political climate has been changing. He wants to know if his support has changed.
5) A production process is considered to be under control if the machine parts it makes have a mean length of 35.50 mm with a standard deviation of 0.45 mm. Whether or not the process is under control is decided each morning by a quality control engineer who bases his decision on a random sample of size 36. Should he ask for an adjustment of the machine on a day when he obtains a mean of 35.62 mm?
6) Jim, the owner of Jim’s Grocery, knows that Plain Chips have always outsold Spicy chips. However, sales of Spicy chips have been increasing. Jim wants to determine if the average weekly sales of Spicy chips have indeed surpassed that of Plain chips.
7) Jim now wants to know if Plain and Spicy chips have the same percentage of defective product (i.e. underfilled bags, torn bags, wrong flavor in the bags, etc.).
8) The Great Vehicle Co. just introduced New SUV, claiming it can pull more weight than Old SUV. After testing 150 vehicles of each model, Old SUV had a mean pull weight of 5032 pounds with a standard deviation of 72 pounds. New SUV had a mean pull weight of 5462 pounds with a standard deviation of 154 pounds. Is the claim valid at a .05 level of significance?
9) The Great Vehicle Co. has a competitor, Amazing Autos, that claims people who purchase its competing vehicle, the Sport Off Road Vehicle (SORV), have higher customer satisfaction than New SUV. Out of 736 people who purchased the SORV last month, 534 said they were satisfied. Out of 521 people who purchased New SUV last month, 375 said they were satisfied. Is there a higher percentage of people who are satisfied with the SORV than with New SUV?
10) The Great Vehicle Company wants to counter Amazing Autos’s claim by making its own claim that New SUV has a lower percentage of defective vehicles. The research team tested 536 vehicles of each model and found that SORV had 53 defective units, while New SUV had only 51 defective units.
1) Ask 10 people (try to get 5 males and 5 females) the following questions
A) Their ages
B) How many vitamins they take daily
C) How many carbonated sodas they drink each day
D) How many alcoholic beverages they drink per month
E) Write your own question. Ask your participants if they agree with something or if they do something. For example, you may want to ask them if they eat popcorn when they go to the movies or if they support a political issue. It must be a yes/no question.
SAVE YOUR DATA – You will use the data you gathered above for the problems below and more question in future weeks.
1) Use your data from above. This week assume that historically the average person takes 3 vitamins on a daily basis. Conduct a hypothesis test analysis to determine if 3 is still the correct average number. Write your hypotheses in correct statistical notation. Finally use the important numbers from your output to explain your results. Use alpha = 0.05. Post only the relevant numbers, not all of the output; then explain your results.
2) Use your data from above. Analyze if more than 58% support an issue or partake in an activity. (Question E above). Write the hypotheses. Show the relevant numbers. Then explain your results. Use alpha = 0.05.
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more