This is the case study:
Laura Gray is an active woman, 82 years of age, who lost consciousness and collapsed at home. Her daughter found her mother on the floor, awake, confused, and slightly short of breath. The daughter called EMS. EMS evaluated Mrs. Gray and determined that she may have had a stroke. They notified the nearest designated comprehensive stroke center that they would be arriving with the patient within 15 minutes. The daughter reports that her mother had had an episode of sudden-onset numbness and tingling in the right limb, with slight confusion and slurred speech, 3 days previously. The episode lasted only 5 minutes and then the symptoms went away. Additional information provided by the daughter indicates that Mrs. Gray has been treated for hypertension for 10 years but notes that she is often not compliant with her antihypertensive medicine. The patient smoked for the past 40 years, drinks occasionally, and is of normal weight.
Please answer the following questions and submit your assignment via Blackboard by the due date.
1. What risk factors does Mrs. Gray have for a stroke?
2. Describe how a Transient Ischemic Attack is different than an Ischemic Stroke?
3. In the hospital, Mrs. Gray is immediately scheduled for a CT scan of her brain. What is the importance of this action?
4. Based on her history and her recent stroke, what type of dementia is Mrs. Gray at risk of developing?
5. According to the National Stroke Association, Atrial Fibrillation raises a person’s risk for stroke by 500%. Go to the National Stroke Association web site and identify the connection between Atrial Fibrillation and stroke. http://www.stroke.org/understand-stroke/preventing-stroke/afib-stroke-connection
6. View the following youtube video “Stroke” by Necleus Medical Media (Sample Version) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcmrgwNCPwM and identify the primary differences between ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke.
This is the assignment guidelines:
Bibliography / Citations / Writing (3 points)
This is the book that should be at least one of the references:
Book Name : Porth’s Pathophysiology
Edition : 9th Edition | | ISBN : 1451146000
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more