Answer Clinical Application Questions 1-3 for Chapter 21 on page 614 and Clinical Application Question 1-3 for Chapter 22 on page 642. Answers should be submitted in a word document with any associated references used.
Answer Clinical Application Questions 1-3 for Chapter 21 on page 614
1) A hospitalized patient recovering from surgery develops an infection that has blue-green pus and a grapelike odor. What is the probable etiology? How might the patient have acquired this infection?
2) A 12-year old diabetic girl using continuous subcutaneous insulin infusion to manager her diabetic developed a fever (39.4 degree C), low blood, abdominal pain, and erythroderma. She was supposed to change the needle-insertion site every 3 days after cleaning the skin with an iodine solution. Frequently she did not change the insertion site more often than every 10 days. Blood culture was negative, and abscesses at insertion sites were not cultured. What is the probable cause of her symptoms?
3) A teenage male with confirmed influenza was hospitalized when he developed respiratory distress, He had a fever, rash, and low blood pressure. S. aureus was isolated from his respiratory secretions. Discuss the relationship between his symptoms and the etiological agent
Clinical Application Question 1-3 for Chapter 22 on page 642.
1) A 1-year-0ld infant was lethargic and had a fever. When admitted to the hospital , he had multiple brain abscesses with gram-negative coccobacilli. Identify the disease, etiology, and treatment.
2) A 40-year-old bird handler was admitted to the hospital with soreness over his upper jaw, progressive vision loss, and bladder dysfunction. He had been well 2 months earlier. Within weeks he lost reflexes in his lower extremities and subsequently died. Examination of CSF showed lymphocytes. What etiology do you suspect? What further information do you need?
A normal baby gained weight appropriately for 12 weeks. Then she stopped feeding. Her right eardrum was inflamed, she had a stiff neck, and her temperature was 40 degree C. Examination of CSF revealed Gram-negative coccobacilli. Identify the disease and treatment
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more