Cite each source using APA format. ( Please read the instructions carefully)
Scientific Reasoning: Introduction to Psychology
1. Argument/Topic Selection
Below is a list of common beliefs in psychology. Pick ONE of these ideas to research for your project. Decide if you think this belief is true or not.
· We Only Use 10% of our Brains
· It’s Better to Express Anger Than to Hold it in
· Low Self-Esteem is a Major Cause of Psychological Problems
· Human Memory Works like a Video Camera
· A Deeply Hypnotized Person Will Do Whatever the Hypnotist Suggests
· The Polygraph Test is an Accurate Means of Detecting Lies
· Opposites Attract
· People with schizophrenia have multiple personalities
· Full Moons Cause Crimes and Craziness
· A Large Proportion of Criminals Successfully Use the Insanity Defense
· People can only learn in their preferred learning style
· SSRIs make people commit suicide.
· For an example I will use the popular belief “Birds of a feather flock together (meaning we like to be around people similar to ourselves)” (DO NOT use this topic). I think this belief is TRUE.
2. Scholarly Sources
· Find 3 scholarly sources relevant to your chosen topic. Present information from credible and relevant sources representing various points of view. You must use at least 3 different sources. Cite each source using APA format.
· Find sources that are recent, less than 10 years old
· Be sure to look at credible sources especially if they don’t agree with your hypothesis.
· Write a two-paragraph description of what the source says.
Make sure you use appropriate, well-documented, credible sources that are relevant to your argument! Do not just use the first items that pop up in a google search…use the library or Google Scholar. You may have to change your wording a few times to find the right keywords that will result in good sources.
o For a list of what a source can be go here: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/552/03/ ).
§ Source 1: Montoya, R. M., Horton, R. S., & Kirchner, J. (2008). Is actual similarity necessary for attraction? A meta-analysis of actual and perceived similarity. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships (25), 889-922 Retrieved May 17, 2016.
§ This article is a research study from a psychology journal. The researchers found that both perceived similarity and actual similarity influenced interpersonal attraction. So this article supports my hypothesis that similarity impacts attraction. This journal is peer-reviewed so it is a credible and reliable source.
3. Interpret the evidence.
· Analyze and synthesize the information from the 3 articles into 1 concluding paragraph regarding your findings.
· Overall, what does the research say about your topic? Does the research support your belief or not? State a conclusion that is a logical inference from your research findings.
· Your synthesis should evaluate what the research (the 3 sources you have found) suggests about your topic picked in step 1.
For this discussion, your response should include:
· Your chosen topic/belief
· Summary and citation of your 3 scholarly sources
· Concluding paragraph
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more