Please, do not use a calculator or any other devices such as cell phones or computers.
1. According to a , among the OECD countries
A. the poorer countries have had higher growth rates than the richer ones.
B. the richer countries give away more of their output than the poorer ones.
C. the richer countries have had higher growth rates than the poorer ones
D. the procedures for measuring output per capita have been changing.
2. As capital per worker increases, output per worker ___ .
A. increases. . B. decreases. C. does not change.
3. An increase in the standard of living of citizens of a country can be best measured by the growth rate of
A.nominal GDP B. per capita nominal GDP
C. real GDP D. per capita real GDP
4. What matters in the is ____ while what matters in the is ____.
A.demand, capital B. capital, demand
C. demand, demand D. capital, capital
5. The standard of living in the long run depends on
A.inflation B. monetary expansion
C. capital accumulation D. consumption demand
6. Assume that there are constant returns to scale. Now suppose that both capital and labor increase by 10%. Given this information, output (Y) will
A. increase by less than 20% but more than 10%.
B. not change.
C. increase by less than 10%
D. increase by 10%.
7. Economic growth concerns how to
A. get out of recession B. reduce inflation
C. improve economy for the next generation D. increase money supply
8. Give an example of the aggregate production function, Y = F(K, N), that exhibits constant returns to scale.
9. It is expected that the U.S. Social Security will face a financial problem in the future. Discuss the reason for the expectation, based on demographic changes.
10. Discuss how economic growth can help in solving the financial problem in question 9.
1. A. 2. A 3. D 4. B 5. C
6. D. 7.C
8. Y = K N
9. There will be fewer workers and more retirees.
10. Higher growth rates of GDP can increase incomes, which can increase the tax revenues for even if the number of workers or the social security tax rate does not increase.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more