Week 10 Assignment – Global Issue
Policy analysis is a formal process in which the analyst assesses policy options aimed at solving an existing problem. Compared to the Week 7 assignment that examinedthe role of human rights and recommending a policy, the policy analysis follows prescribed steps. You will rely heavily on a recognized model of in Chapter 9, ,fromTeaching Research Methods in Public Administration. Before you start, review this chapterand the instructions below, so you can choose a global challenge that fits the requirements of the assignment.
Download the. It provides additional instructions for the assignmentand space for you to add the assignment content. The assignment content shouldbe at least four pages.
- : Communication ofthe problem and the goal to find a potential solution.
- Historical Background: Content and extent of the problem as well ascurrent or past policies.
- Literature Review: Synthesis of information from at least four credible, relevant, and appropriate sources on the causes of the problem and policies applied to situations that are similar to the problem.
- Stakeholder Assessment: Identification and analysis of at least four key stakeholders.
- Policy Options and Assessment: Description of 35policy options aimed at solving the problem,listing of policy evaluation criteria and assessment of policy options against these criteria.
- Recommendation: Argument for the bestpolicy option based on the analysis.
Open the rubric to review the grading criteria for this assignment.The page count does not include title and reference pages, which are required.This course requires the use of . For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Evaluate national and that address global challenges.