Chamberlain College of Nursing
The purpose of the Disease Process Presentation is for learners to:
· Develop professional presentation/communication skills.
· Demonstrate an advancing understanding of pathophysiological processes of body systems that result in the diagnosis and treatment of patients who present with these disorders in these systems.
· Demonstrate the ability to analyze the literature to obtain the most current, evidence-based resources on the assigned disease process.
· Demonstrate and practice professional communication and leadership, while advancing the education of peers.
1. Analyze pathophysiological mechanisms associated with select disease states.
5. Relate research findings to the management of patients with complex pathophysiologic dysfunction.
For Week 6 of the course, there is no case study given to you by the faculty. Instead you will be creating a recorded presentation that demonstrates your understanding of a selected disease process. This presentation will be uploaded into the course via Kaltura (see course resource for directions).
Address the following Criteria:
1. Introduce the disease with a brief definition and description.
2. Discuss the Risk Factors and the connection to the Etiology of the initial injury to the cell/tissue/organ.
3. Discuss health care provider implications for prevention of the disease.
4. Show the progression from the initial injury to the defect in the tissue, organ and system functioning.
5. Link changes in the tissue, organ, and system functioning to the initial presenting signs and symptoms seen in primary care of the disease.
6. Provide a brief description of how the disease is diagnosed.
7. Provide a brief description of the pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions used to treat and manage the disease.
8. Summarizes the disease on final slide with concluding remarks; includes implication for nurse practitioner practice.
9. Utilizes at least two current (within 5 years), peer-review scholarly sources to support presentation content.
10. Reference slide and in-text citations depict references correctly cited according to APA.
· The presentation should include a PowerPoint presentation which will be recorded using the instructions located in the Course Resource section.
· The presentation should be no more than 15-20 minutes in recorded length.
· The presentation should contain appropriate evidence to support the information presented per APA format.
· Slides should be used as cues to topics and key concepts without lengthy sentences and paragraphs- reading information from slides is not professional and therefore not acceptable.
· Students need to demonstrate understanding and mastery of content by discussion style presentation.
The instructions for using Kaltura are located in the Course Resource section.
Outstanding or highest level of performance
Very good or high level of performance
Satisfactory level of performance
Poor or failing level of performance
Unsatisfactory level of performance
|Total Points Possible = 200
|Application of Course Knowledge
|70 Points||61 Points
|57 Points||28 Points||0 Points|
|The recorded presentation includes clear presentation of all required concepts:
-Introduction of disease with brief definition and description.
-Risk factors with link to etiology provided.
-Implications of health care provider in disease prevention.
-Shows progression from the initial injury to the defect in the tissue, organ, and system functioning.
– Links changes in the tissue, organ, and system functioning to the initial presenting signs and symptoms seen in primary care of the disease.
– Provides a brief description of how the disease is diagnosed.
– Provide a brief description of the pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions used to treat and manage the disease.
All concepts are presented with logical thought process.
|The recorded presentation includes clear presentation of all required concepts and linkages, but may lack some applicability to topic or misses one criteria in some way.
|The recorded presentation has limited perspective, unclear linkages, insights and/or applicability to topic or does not meet one or more of the criteria of the assignment.
|The recorded presentation contains inaccurate information and is not consistent with current practice. No clear linkages provided. Analysis is minimal.||The recorded presentation offers no insight or application to the assignment or course content.|
|Support from Evidence-Based Practice (EBP)
|60 Points|| 52 Points
|49 Points||24 Points||0 Points|
|Scholarly literature is present throughout the presentation. Guidelines regarding disease prevention and pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions are addressed and clearly analyzed.||Where applicable in the recorded presentation, analysis is partially supported by evidence from appropriate sources published within the last 5 years.
In-text citations and full references are provided.
Evidence-based, peer reviewed journal article cited but may not fully support disease prevention and pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions.
|Where applicable in the recorded presentation, analysis is partially supported by evidence.
Sources may not be scholarly in nature or may be older than 5 years. Guidelines are not used.
In-text citations and/or full references may be incomplete or missing.
|Citations to non-scholarly websites given as rationale to support disease prevention and pharmacological and non-pharmacological interventions.
|Presentation contains no evidence-based practice reference or citation.|
|50 Points||44 Points||41 Points||20 Points||0 Points|
|Summary of Disease Process||Summarizes the disease using concise statements that reflect all content covered in the presentation.
Implications for practice addressed.
|Summarizes the disease using concise statements that reflect all content covered in the presentation.
Implications for practice not clearly evident.
|Summarizes the disease using concise statements with some content not reflected in the summary.
Implications for practice not clearly evident or missing.
|Summary of the disease process is lacking concise statements and all content not reflected in the summary.
Implications for practice not addressed or not clearly evident.
|No summary of the disease process provided.
Implications for practice not addressed.
|Professionalism/ Organization||10 Points||9 Points||8 Points||4 Points||0 Points|
|The recorded presentation has clear audio/video. The content flows in a logical, smooth manner. Verbal pauses are limited or absent. Student speaks in a clear cadence and speed.||The recorded presentation is lacking 1-2 components from the 50 point criteria.||The recorded presentation is lacking 3-4 components from the 50 point criteria.
|Presentation presents findings that are sometimes unclear to follow and may not always be relevant to topic and concepts are difficult to follow.||The audio/video are hard to hear/see. Slides contain lengthy content (student reading from slides). Presentation style lacks flow of ideas and thoughts.|
|Grammar, Syntax, APA
|10 points||9 points||8 points||4 point||0 points|
|APA format, grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation are accurate, or with zero to one errors.||Two to four errors in APA format, grammar, spelling, and syntax noted.||Five to seven errors in APA format, grammar, spelling, and syntax noted.||Eight to nine errors in APA format, grammar, spelling, and syntax noted.||Post contains ten or greater errors in APA format, grammar, spelling, and/or punctuation.|
|Total Points Possible= 200|
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason may is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Our essay writers are graduates with diplomas, bachelor, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college diploma. When assigning your order, we match the paper subject with the area of specialization of the writer.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more