The healthcare organization you work at is looking to expand abroad. Select a country that has a universal or social healthcare system (Canada, Australia, France, Spain, New Zealand, Germany, Ireland, etc.).
In your role with the organization, you are tasked with conducting research on the country you selected. You will be looking into their policies and reforms that align with your organization. Once you have completed your research you are to make a recommendation to your organizational leadership on whether, given the opportunity, expanding your business to that country to render service, is ideal or not. Keep in mind that the two models are different (free-market and ), so you would have to think through how you would be able to operate successfully.
Find a healthcare policy or reform that applies to both countries (such as both having policies on care for the elderly, , , physical therapy, mental health, etc.). The policy or reform topic or area is the same, but the name may be different.
Write a 4-6 page paper that includes the following:
- Explain why the policy/reform was enacted and whether it is addressing the intended purpose.
- As you look across each country, provide 3 areas where the policies are similar and 3 where they are different. These similarities and differences must be in the actual policy/reform of each country.
- Explain differences in the handling of issues relating to moral or ethical behaviors or concerns.
- Provide a recommendation for your organization on whether they should or should not proceed with providing services in the new country. Include any government policies that would prevent your organization from being able to conduct business in the other country.
- Use a minimum of 5credible sources, with 3 being from the Rasmussen Library.
- Include an .
- Part II Communication Platform PowerPoint Presentation
Create a PowerPoint presentation that you will present to your leadership with findings from your research. Include:
- Health reform or policy changes for each of the two countries
- 3 similarities and3 differences
- Your recommendation on whether they should render services in the new country
- The presentation should have at least 7-10 slides