GSAS269 Consumer Psychology
Final Group Project
1. All works must be original, and plagiarism is regarded as fail;
2. Quote all sources of information;
3. Assignments must fulfill school’s requirements;
4. Students should bear the responsibility if real company data are cited; otherwise company name can be disguised;
5. The school guarantees information of individual assignment will not be disclosed to public.
· What you have learned in consumer psychology
· Your intellectual capability
· Your creativity
· Your ability to integrate
· Your skills in marketing management
· A professional and comprehensive marketing plan which is ready to use
Assignments that are handed in late will incur a penalty of 10% deduction of marks available for every day that it remains not submitted.
· Presentation 20 – 25 minutes (maximum) including Q&A session
· Academic references and business references
· APA format
· Double line spacing
· Font size 12
· Cover page with your full name, student ID, date of submission, course code and name.
· Assume you are the Head of Marketing Communication in the company
· Form a team of 4 – 5 students
· Select a company or a brand for a new marketing plan (which may last for about 1 year) and explain to us how you want design your strategic marketing plan by understanding the consumer behavior.
· Budget CAD 60,000
Report Content Examples (1)
· Situation Analysis
· SWOT Analysis
· Segmentation, Targeting and Positioning Analysis
· Customer Analysis
Report Content Examples (2)
· Marketing Objectives and Strategies
· Communication Tactics
· Action Plan/ Timetable/ Schedule
· Budget Planning
· Evaluation & Assessment
· Understanding of the issue 10%
· Soundness of strategy 20%
· Creativity & Strategic Relevance 20%
· Competence in Q&A 20%
· Team Cooperation 10%
· Individual Performance 20%
· Oral Presentation 100%
Common Problems of the Plan
· Unclear strategy
· Not result oriented – not ‘real sales and marketing simulation’ – need to have a good understanding of the consumer (E.g. Value, Relationship, Marketplace, Motivation and Culture’s influence, etc.)
· No estimation of competitors possible actions
· Too aggressive especially in topic selection
· Incomplete information search
· Not an integrated report, answer questions only
· Poor presentation and team spirit – need rehearsal and understanding
One of the goals of this final project is to understand the consumer decision process and see its utility to a marketing manager. Questions to think about:
1. Decision making unit
· What segment did he/she belong to?
· Who was the buyer and who were the users?
· What role did others play in the purchase decision process?
2. Information Search
· What was the influence of mass media in the decision process?
· What was the role of internet in information search?
3. Purchase motivation
· What problems did the product/service solve?
· What functions would it facilitate?
· What attributes seemed important?
4. Characterize the decision
· Was it a first-time decision or a repeat purchase?
· Was it a careful or a casual decision?
· Was the amount of deliberation appropriate to the decision?
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more