Managing an international team will . You are in different time zones; you have different schedules; you come from different cultures; and your own communication style may be different from that of members of your team. Success of a geographically distributed team can be fostered by setting expectations that are informed by best practices and the cultures of your team members.
Your company is expanding into a new market and has formed a new team that it would like you to manage. Your manager has sent you this note:
Thank you for taking on this challenge. You have a great team, but they come from very diverse backgrounds. Itll be up to you to make sure it is a cohesive team that communicates well and collaborates effectively. As you know, at our firm, we feel the management of our teams and human resource management are a strategic advantage for us. I would like you to write an email explaining to me what managerial approaches you will use and how you think your team will function together. Please also include your conference call invitation for your teams introduction. I would like to review what you are going to send to your team.
For this assignment, you will write an email and introductory conference call invitation as requested by your manager.
Your team consists of the following four members from various locations across the globe:
- Kasparwas born in and is based in the country you choose for your course project.
- Kellywas born in and is based in the United States.
- Syedwas born in and is based in the .
- Ninawas born in and is based in Chile.
Specifically, you must address the following rubric criteria:
- Write an email to your manager explaining how you plan to manage your team. It should include the following information:
- Cultural considerations for each team member (For the purposes of this assignment, you can assume that each team member represents the of an average citizen of the country, and you are encouraged to use thewebsite.)
- Common issues among diverse or global teams and potential conflicts that could occur in your team
- Multiple management approaches you plan to use and why
- A policy for selecting which holidays team members can take off that takes into account cultural considerations
- A determination of whether your team will collaboratively create a team expectations and communication plan or whether you as the manager will do it on your own, explaining your decision
- Create a conference call invitation, including the time of the meeting and agenda, using this.
Guidelines for Submission
Submit your email as a 200- to 350-word Microsoft Word document. Submit your conference call invitation by completing the. Sources should be cited according to APA style.