- First and Last name
- Contact Phone Number
- Contact Email address
- Description of project
Since there will be three (3) sites, the CIO wants to ensure that the database and Website are available for customers 24 / 7 days a week.
Students, please view the “Submit a Clickable Rubric Assignment” video in the Student Center.
Instructors, training on how to grade is within the Instructor Center.”
Write a six to eight (6-8) page paper in which you:
- Review the available SQL 2012 editions. Recommend the edition which you believe should be installed based on the usage. Justify your recommendation.Note:Keep in mind to consider scalability into the decision.
- Suggest the naming convention you would use for the object in the database.
- Analyze the potential backup / recovery options. Outline a plan for ensuring that the database meets the 24 / 7 availability.
- Provide a SQL script (DDL) to create the tables with their relationships, including data types, primary keys, and foreign keys.Note:You may optionally include constraints.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment.Note:Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or . Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the students name, the professors name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Create an MSSQL database solution to solve a proposed business problem.
- Create databases, tables, views, functions, constraints, and stored procedures.
- Describe and apply backup and restore procedures in database environments.
- Implement High Availability methods.
- Use technology and information resources to research issues in the MSSQL environment.
- Write clearly and concisely about introductory Database Administration topics using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.